A Bone Marrow Transplant is the only chance of cure for 18 year old Samir Pendse who is battling relapsed leukemia. The need is URGENT and a potential donor with a good match for Samir’s bone marrow has not been found yet.
An online drive has been created for Samir.
If you are a person of ethnic Indian origin, please take a moment now to register on line by visiting the web location below and filling out the online application. After you register, you will receive a swab kit from Be The Match. Follow the easy 2 minute procedure to complete the swabbing test and mail it back to Be The Match. That will put you in the database and make you a candidate for matching.
More ways to help
- Show your support for Team Samir by “Liking” them on Facebook HERE
- Forward the following email to any family and friends, particularly those of South Asian origin
- – - – - – - – -
This is an appeal to help save the life of Samir Pendse, an 18-year old resident of Fremont, San Francisco Bay Area. Samir is suffering from relapsed Leukemia. After fighting cancer for the last 7 years and declared cured, Samir had a relapse a few weeks ago. His ONLY chance at life is to find a marrow donor. The chances of a match are 1 in 20,000; and currently there is no match for Samir in the US at this time.
Our appeal is that you take the following actions today:
- Please register as a marrow donor by requesting a cost-free home-registration kit at http://join.bethematch.org/donor4samir
- An alternative and a fast way to register is to find a donor drive in your area. The information on drives can also be found by following the link above. If you are already registered, please verify your current address by following the same link
- Forward this mail to as many people, especially those of South Asian origin, since the chances of finding a match are higher within the ethnicity. Always copy the text only and forward via BCC to all your friends
- “Like” Samir Pendse community page on FaceBook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Samir-Pendse/107364652667585) and invite your friends to do the same
- If you know any ideas to spread this appeal via media, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Again, this is urgent and time-sensitive. We are looking to find a match by early December 2010.
Save Samir Team